Over a year ago my company moved to a building without a shower. That, combined with a minor injury last spring, contributed to my discontinuation of my previously religious bicycle commuting. Recently, I got fed up with not bike commuting (perhaps a new bike purchase had something to do with that, even though the new bike is not the bike I will be commuting on, not to mention I don't even have it yet -- more on that in an upcoming post). So, I decided to find a way.
My way is as follows:
- Leave some standard toiletries and a washcloth and towel at work (the most important being a box of baby wipes).
- Set up a drying rack in an unused office.
- Ride my commuter bike in as relaxed as possible. No speeding. No attacking hills. No bombing downhill.
- Upon arrival at work, cool down in nearby parking lot, just riding in circles.
- Head up to the office, grab the toiletries, and clean up in the handicap stall.
- Bask in having bicycle commuted to work.
Let's hope I can keep it up.
Posted: Tue Jul 31 06:18:28 -0700 2007