I bought the C2 in mid-September, 2005. Here are some of my initial impressions:
- They've definitely improved the cooling airflow
- The shield has better affordances for putting the shield into "city mode".
- I think it's quieter than the Concept, but I nearly always wear earplugs anyway. I think for short jaunts, the C2 has more acceptable noise levels.
- They've added some nice-looking graphics to the line. I got the "graphite graphic" paint job. It doesn't match my bike, but what would?
- The minimal lining at the top of my XXL C2 results in a "loose on top, tight on bottom" feel that was not present in my XXL Concept.
- The new approach to helmet liner design results in "helmet head", much more so than the Concept.
- They have added extra padding around the sides/back of the neck which interfere head movement. This could be because of my giant neck.
- I just rode to work in 40 degree temps. The shield seems to fog up much easier than in the Concept. I don't recall my Concept ever fogging up, except right at the bottom of the shield. I had to both sides of the "city vents" open, which was a little uncomfortable on my face.
I'll be doing a full review before too long. I need to give it a couple more weeks of use.
Back to my Motorcycling page.