Several key changes have happened over the years:
1996 - Had a personal site on web space rented from my ISP.
1998 - Established samoht.com domain and posted my content on a hosting service.
1999 - Moved my content "in-house", onto a Sun Ultra 1 200e. Started making a real effort to build a "good site".
2003 - Rewrote many of my old-school static pages to use CSS.
2004 - Added a Wiki to replace (most of) my static pages. In October, I moved the site from the Sun to a Mac G4 Cube.
2005 - Added RSS syndication capability to my weblog engine.
Note that this site uses extensive CSS, including absolute positioning and other layout niceties. If it doesn't look good, that's because either a) I'm a bad designer (quite possible/probable) or b) you need to upgrade to a standards-compliant browser (definitely).
The Wiki I'm running is UseModWiki, which is a single perl script that is very easy to install and is pretty full-featured. Like many UseModWiki installations, it is modified. In my case, I started modifying it about 10 minutes after I downloaded it. Nothing big, just some rearrangement of CSS styles and other minor adjustments.
My weblog has entries about gemcast, my Ruby-based weblog engine. It's nothing to brag about, really, but was a good way for me to familiarize myself with Ruby. I may write more about it, in time (Find out more about gemcast).
If you're confused about how to get around on my blog, there's more here about navigating it.